For those of you that have gone through potty training, you will feel my pain...
For those of you that have not yet experienced the joys of potty training, this will simply be a story you will probably laugh at and ask yourself "what was she thinking?"...
So here goes it...
It was a nice morning, the kids and I had eaten breakfast I had my coffee in me. Davis went down for a nap, Greyson was about to have some room time. I thought to myself "perfect time for a nice quiet shower w/o little hands banging on the shower door saying "mommy, mommy, mommy." I take my shower, listen on both monitors-quiet in Davis' room, and G is playing nicely my himself. "I'll go ahead and put my make-up on and dry my hair as long as I can take advantage of a good thing. Make-ups on, pulling out the hairdryer out of the drawer and I stop in a moment of panic. I begin to think to myself "G did not poop this morning (he's like clockwork), and I have left him in his room w/ big boy underwear on unattended-CRAP!!! I run to his room say a little prayer "Lord, please don't let my worst nightmare come true when I open this door". Unfortunately, the Lord did not answer that prayer and I opened the door to a warzone of poop. What in the heck was I thinking to leave my son in real underwear unattended. It was one of those moments as a mom that you stop and say to yourself, "I really lost my mind that time!" I didn't even know where to begin...I took G outside to hose him off as he had tried to clean himself off w/ the wipes off his dresser and only made it worse. Threw him in the bathub for a bubble bath, threw all the toys that had been "hit" in a box for bleach soaking, and began scrubbing the carpet. Luckily my friend Sandy called and told me that vinegar is great at taking stains out of the carpet-perfect, I'll try anything and it worked!! So an hour and a half later I was done w/ my morning adventure and a great lesson learned :) I pray that all of you don't have to experience something so wonderful like this, and if you have, I do feel your pain and can laugh w/ you now.
August 7, 2008
The Poop Incident
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh my golly!!
I thank you for posting that, most of because it really made me laugh :) But secondly so that I can learn from you and hopefully NEVER have that happen to me!
Oh dear! I am not looking forward to that!!!
Post a Comment