June 22, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Jason and I had a much needed weekend away this weekend. After last week (the kids and I got a cold virus and were home bound all week) I was so ready to get away with my sweet hubby. My mom and Jerry were so great to come here and stay with the kids-THANK YOU!! We headed to Dallas yesterday morning ready for some much needed time alone. We were lucky to catch up with our sweet friends Ricky & Jocelyn and finally meet little Noah when we got into town. We enjoyed some lunch, checked into our hotel and then relaxed by the pool yesterday afternoon. Last night we went to our family friends wedding and spent time with some of our "Aggie family." We had a great time and enjoyed getting dressed up, dancing, and having adult conversation. Since we didn't have our little alarm clocks with us, sleeping in this morning was BLISS! Jason's mom met us in Dallas this weekend as well, so we were able to celebrate her birthday early with her over lunch today. This was our first time to leave Davis overnight since she was born and I'm happy to say she did great! As much as we loved the time away and alone we still missed our sweet little ones and were excited to see them when we got home. I feel refreshed, rested and thankful for the weekend and look forward to another sooner than later :).

Posted by Picasa

No comments: