
The girls in our homechurch plus a few other sweet friends are reading this book for our "summer bookclub." I highly suggest this book if you are in need of a laugh and want some honest truth on how we as women should be living our life for the Lord.
Tonight we will discuss a chapter titled "I am jealous of my friends". When I first started this chapter I went in w/ the mindset of "I'm not jealous of my friends", "I don't struggle w/ jealousy, really" and then my eyes were really open to the fact that deep down I do. I strive to not be a jealous person but if I am really honest w/ myself I need to pray each day for contentment with the precious life he has given ME. I realized this after reading these few paragraphs...
"Jealousy will make us tired supergirls crazy. Crazy. Because when we are jealous, we decide to give up our life in the pursuit of someone else's. Now that sounds foolish, doesn't it, when you think about it. Here God has gone and created you as a unique and precious individual, a complete original with personality, gifts, and talents that are only yours."
"But when we are jealous, we are saying that is not enough. Nope, we don't like this life that God has given us, this person we are; we would like someone else's life. Someone else's successes. Someone else's advantages. Someone else's path. And that jealousy can chase away any joy or hope that God has given us on our own path or journey. Jealousy is we supergirls saying, 'I would like to choose crazy over contentment'."
How's that for honesty?? I am sure there will be a part 2 to this blog after our conversation tonight!
July 29, 2009
Summer Bookclub
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment